The school follows the syllabus prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, to which it is affiliated. The medium of instruction is English
Curriculum aims to be
• As a CMI educational institution, the school regards education as integral to the formation of the human person for the fulfilment of his/her individual and social responsibilities
• The school aims at forming leaders who are intellectually competent spiritually mature, morally upright, psychologically integrated, physically healthy and socially acceptable, who are open to growth and will champion the cause of justice, love, truth and peace.
• The school also aims at creating a just and human society where the dignity of the human person is respected, where unjust social structures are challenged, where our cultural heritage of ahimsa, religious harmony and national integration are upheld, where the poor and the downtrodden are specially taken care of.
• The school is open to all students irrespective of caste and creed.
Class I – X
• Hindi, Malayalam and French (Std. VIII to X) are the additional languages, one of which can be dropped in Std. IX.
• Social Science
• Work Education
• Computer Science
• General Knowledge
• Art Education
• Moral Education
• Physical and Health Education
• Optional Subjects (co-curricular areas of study)
* Yoga is compulsory for Std. I-VIII
• The academic year comprises of two semesters
o Semester I – June to September
o Semester II – October to March
• Assessments and evaluations are essential to gauge the progress of the students and to encourage them to find their strengths and weaknesses.
• Students of Std. V-X are assessed as per the CCE format prescribed by the CBSE Board. This system of CCE consists of oral and written class tests, worksheets, presentations, assignments, activities and projects.
• The CCE format ensures a consistent and systematic approach to academics and enables the students to thrive in a stress free atmosphere at home and at school.
• Promotions are based on the cumulative performance of the student in all the class and semester evaluations conducted during the academic year.
• Therefore all students must ensure that they do not miss any of the evaluations.
• Decisions taken by School authorities with regard to promotion will be final and binding.
Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) refers to a system of school-based evaluation that provides a holistic profile of the learner through regular assessment of both scholastic as well as co-scholastic areas.
Scholastic areas include formative and summative assessment. Each term will have two formative and one summative assessment.
Co-scholastic activities include literary, aesthetic & performing skills and clubs. Health and physical education will also form an integral part of this assessment. Co-Scholastic areas will be assessed on life skills, attitudes & values.
Formative assessment is thus carried out during a course of instruction to provide continuous feedback to both the teachers and the learners in order to take decisions regarding appropriate modifications in the transactional procedures and learning activities. Formative assessment includes oral test, group discussions, quiz, seminars, debates, class test, MCQ’s, Projects, Assignments etc.
Summative assessment is carried out at the end of a course of learning. It measures or 'sums-up' how much a student has learned from the course. It is a graded test, i.e., it is marked according to a scale or set of grades. Summative Assessment (Pen & Paper Test) will be conducted at the end of each term.